The single girl
Enough of stereotypes! Single young women don’t spend theirevenings in pajamas watching rom-coms and eating ice cream.In this uncompromising graphic novel, the writers - both experts on single life - blow away the usual clichés, reassuring us as they go.If you’re not in a couple, that mainly means you can lead a fun lifewithout worrying about baby’s feeding times or your partner’s buddies coming round to watch the football game.
Follow the ups and downs of the Single Girl, a brilliantly colourfulcharacter who rarely loses face or her upbeat disposition, and learn how to:
- identify an unattached male from the contents of his shopping cart;
- seize every chance to show your ex that you’re much happierwithout him;
- grasp every opportunity that comes your way (without tripping over the bar mat).
A welcome dose of fun for girlfriends - and never mind the laughter lines!
• by the writer of the Journal d’Aurélie Laflamme (Aurélie Laflamme’sdiary), which has sold 140,000 copies in france
• an explosive fusion of two worlds, demolishing stereotypes with a smile
INDIA DESJARDINS is the author of Journald’Aurélie Laflamme (Aurélie Laflamme’s Diary),France’s leading series for girls which has achieved cult status in Québec. MAGALIE FOFOUTRIER is a well-known press illustrator and lover of Earl Grey tea and chocolate cream cakes. In this new graphic novel, the two join forces to provide a new take on what it is to be single.
Publication date: october 2012
Rights available: world